AIMS OF NCC:
The ‘Aims’ of the NCC laid out in 1988 have stood the test of time and continue to meet the requirements expected of it in the current socio–economic scenario of the country. The NCC aims at developing character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit.
MOTTO of NCC
The need for having motto for the Corps was discussed in the 11th Central Advisory Committee (CAC) meeting held on 11 Aug 1978. The mottos suggested were “Duty and Discipline”; “Duty, Unity and Discipline”; “Duty and Unity”; “Unity and Discipline”. The final decision for selection of “Unity and Discipline” as motto for the NCC was taken in the 12th CAC meeting held on 12 Oct 1980.
WE THE CADETS OF THE NATIONAL CADET CORPS,
DO SOLOEMNLY PLEDGE THAT WE SHALL ALWAYS UPHOLD THE UNITY OF INDIA.
WE RESOLVE TO BE DISCIPLINED AND RESPONSIBLE CITIZEN OF OUR NATION.
WE SHALL UNDERTAKE POSITIVE COMMUNITY SERVICE IN THE SPIRIT OF SELFLESSNESS
AND CONCERN FOR OUR FELLOW BEINGS.
- Citizen of India or a subject of Nepal.
- Bearing good moral character.
- Enrolled in an educational institution.
- Meets the prescribed medical standards.
- Junior Division/Wing (Boys/Girls) – 12 years to 18½ years
- Senior Division/Wing (Boys/Girls) – Upto 26 years
- Enrolment Period
- Junior Division/Wing (Boys/Girls) – 2 years
- Senior Division/Wing (Boys/Girls) – 3 years